Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for a James Barnett Foundation award?
- The James Barnett Foundation awards are intended to support students of the arts at all levels from early development through college and post-graduate studies.
- Do I have to be a student?
- You must be a student in an arts program to be considered for a James Barnett Foundation award. Foundation funds are not limited by location, preference is given to students who reside in the southeastern United States, and in Southwest Georgia in particular.
- What types of arts programs are eligible for awards?
- Applications from students of any of the arts are welcome; however, students of music are preferred.
- How long will it take to find out if I have received an award?
- The James Barnett Foundation board meets regularly to review applications. Review of an application may take up to 90 days.
- How will I be notified if I am selected for an award?
Will be notified if I am not selected for an award?
- Award recipients will be notified in writing by the Foundation. Due to the large volume of applications received, only applicants who have been selected for an award will be notified.
- How do I contact the Foundation?
Can I contact the foundation to find out the status of my application?
- You may contact the Foundation via U.S. postal mail at the address on the Contact Us page. Please do not contact the Foundation to ask about the status of an application; the volume of applications does not allow time to respond to each application.